WHY DO YOU NEED HIGH-QUALITY WEB CONTENT?
The web content you own is a valuable business asset. The packages of copy, images, video, and audio on your website and on social media represent your brand on the internet. Why wouldn’t you want your shopfront to display the best web content writing, for example, free of mistakes, bad formatting, and irrelevant information? People quickly leave websites that present them with an unsatisfactory experience.
People find information on the internet by enquiring on Google, YouTube, Facebook, and other search engines. Websites that rank highly in organic search results for customer queries attract far more business than those that don’t. In other words, if you’re providing a solution that solves a particular problem for your audience, then they need to be able to find what you’re offering online when they search. This is largely achieved by search engine optimisation (SEO).
Search engines are much more focused on quality content, solving problems, and natural keyword usage with variations.”
– Rebecca Gill, Web Savvy Marketing
We’ll help you maximise your opportunities online
SEO is no longer just about finding keywords; it’s a multi-disciplinary effort to tune your website and it content so everything is focused on the user experience. “Good” SEO is a balance of many factors. There are no shortcuts – trickery is likely to attract penalties. It involves technical areas such as website design, architecture, and functionality. It includes a well-researched keyword strategy that also recognises customer intent by providing answers to customer queries on each page.
Our tried and tested approach for effective SEO includes:
- Building a website with user-friendly design and navigation, especially on mobile devices
- Thorough understanding of the needs of the target audience
- Keyword research that identifies words and phrases to optimise content, page titles and meta-descriptions
- Customer analysis to identify search queries to answer in content
- Competitor analysis
- Well organised, substantial, rich content that provides real value to the audience
- Top-quality web content writing
- Local SEO, including Google My Business listing
- Performance metrics and reporting so you know what’s working
The top-quality content we’ve created on your website can be increased in effectiveness many times over by sharing it with your audience in the places they like to hang out. We create content marketing plans for this purpose, that help build brand authority, and increase sales and leads.
We’ll find the right formula for your business – for example, a combination of blogging, social and email marketing has proven to be highly successful for our clients.
We can manage your content factory with a bespoke monthly publishing calendar. Alternatively, we can provide you with training and ongoing support so you can take care of this yourself.
Here’s what US boutique meat company Nebraska Bison said about this approach:
… we have doubled our total traffic through content marketing and our blog. We’ve created and posted a number of recipes on our website which are curated and promoted through our blog and on social media … We have a number of blog posts that now rank very high for our keywords. Our traffic and sales have increased greatly in 2014 after a heavy focus in 2013 on these recipes and content marketing.
“By focusing our content strategy on questions people have about our product (i.e. ‘How do I cook it?’ ‘What are the benefits?’) we show up on the first page for keywords we struggled to reach before and build trust in our customers and potential customers.”
Recent SEO and website copy work
- Web content writing and SEO for Wellington online meat suppliers Meat Direct.
- Web content writing and SEO for the new website of web hosting company ThreePoint.
- Web content writing, keyword research, and SEO for leadership consultants Tocker Associates in Wellington; for Snelgrove & Associates, an executive coaching company in Auckland; and for Wellington residential building contractor Bowman Building.
- Web copy and SEO title tags and meta-descriptions for the new website of Wellington’s favourite Cambodian restaurant, Siem Reap.