HOW WE CAN HELP YOU GET SOCIAL
✓ SPREAD THE GOOD OIL. Social media channels present you with an excellent opportunity to reach hundreds if not thousands of potential customers.
We recommend regularly publishing interesting content on your blog, sharing this on social media, and crafting well-planned, tracked campaigns across social platforms and other media. These tactics must support the authenticity and reputation of your brand, backed by an intention to drive engagement, conversions, traffic, or revenue.
Think first, then act
Figuring out the social media platforms you need to be active on and your key messages is part of the brainstorming that is necessary before you start posting or creating a custom campaign. To be effectively executed, internet marketing needs to be underpinned by a thoughtful strategy that fully takes into consideration your business goals and the authentic needs of your customers. We like this quote about strategy and execution:
Execution should be as varied, as thoughtful, as subtle, as diverse and as intertwined with strategy as is necessary to get the job done, and that will vary according to the specific challenge at hand.”
– Martin Reeves and Rodolphe Charme di Carlo, in Harvard Business Review
How we operate to add value
Here are some of the ways we regularly help our clients with social media marketing and custom campaigns, once we’ve got together and figured out the strategic angle:
- Set up accounts on Facebook, LinkedIn, Quora, Twitter, etc, including effective imagery aligned with the brand.
- Brainstorm topics and create a publishing calendar with key dates for targeted campaigns.
- Use tools to support intelligence gathering, e.g. hashtag research, social listening, Facebook pixel, Google Analytics.
- Write and optimise original articles for the website blog, and for guest authoring.
- Create rich content such as podcasts, graphics, and video that have wide appeal on social media.
- Post on social media according to the calendar, using mostly original or curated, owned content.
- Run targeted social media campaigns with cost-effective advertising.
- Track campaigns on Google Analytics.
- Manage client reputation on review platforms such as TripAdvisor, Google, and Facebook.
- Report monthly on effectiveness using social and Google analytics.
Cut through the noise
Visibility and reach is an issue for all businesses, with so much content being posted on the web. This has been described as “content shock”. To counter this state of affairs, we recommend narrowing the marketing focus to micro-categories, micro-moments, and specialised niches. Suitable tactics include targeting the intent of your customers rather than demographics, and posting high-quality content twice a week, rather than low-value content (such as re-shares) twice a day.
Social marketing return on investment
Social media is great for raising awareness about your brand, with posts, giveaways, offers, and ads. Using social media to directly drive sales is more difficult and requires a precise approach. We’re experienced at creating campaigns that achieve results at the pointy end of the sales funnel, with tracking enabled so you have a full set of data about the campaign.
We produce regular reports so you can track the effectiveness of our work. We aim to continuously improve what we do for you. We’ll quickly discard anything that isn’t working well, and refine and reproduce tactics that hit the mark.
See what social marketing work we’ve been doing.
Social media marketing testimonials
“I own a consignment-based business in Kelburn, Wellington and have been lucky enough to have Alex Staines working for me. Alex has promoted my business on social media, introduced very effective store promotions, and helped with customer incentives. He is efficient, effective, conscientious and fun to work with. My monthly turnover has improved immensely due to Alex’s valued input.”
“Adam is an angel, sent from heaven to help me.”
Make the most of email
Email marketing is an effective, efficient channel for content distribution. Email marketing, when it’s properly planned and designed, is highly effective for delivering quality content to your subscribers. We’ll work with you to plan, design, and execute effective campaigns from your email marketing platform (e.g. MailChimp). This includes integrations with social media. We can also provide training in MailChimp.
Read an article Alex wrote for a client about the challenges of email marketing.