WHY DO YOU NEED HIGH-QUALITY WEB CONTENT?
The web content you own is a valuable business asset. The packages of copy, images, video, and audio on your website and on social media represent your brand on the internet. Why wouldn’t you want your shopfront to display the best web content writing, for example, free of mistakes, bad formatting, and irrelevant information? People quickly leave websites that present them with an unsatisfactory experience.
Website content writing is a specialised skill that is completely different from other types of writing. To be effective, it must be combined with a technical understanding of how websites and search engines function. Pretty words on their own are a waste of time and money if no one can find your website.
People find information on the internet by enquiring on Google, YouTube, Facebook, and other search engines. Websites that rank highly in organic search results for customer queries attract far more business than those that don’t. In other words, if you’re providing a solution that solves a particular problem for your audience, then they need to be able to find what you’re offering online when they search. This is largely achieved by search engine optimisation (SEO).
Search engines are much more focused on quality content, solving problems, and natural keyword usage with variations.”
– Rebecca Gill, Web Savvy Marketing
We’ll help you maximise your opportunities online
SEO is no longer just about finding keywords; it’s a multi-disciplinary effort to tune your website and its content so everything is focused on the user experience. “Good” SEO is a balance of many factors. There are no shortcuts – trickery is likely to attract penalties. It involves technical areas such as website design, architecture, and functionality. It includes a well-researched keyword strategy that also recognises customer intent by providing answers to customer queries on each page.
Our tried and tested approach for effective SEO includes:
- Thorough understanding of the needs of the target audience, including the terms they use to search for answers to their problems
- Keyword research that identifies words, phrases, and topics for optimising content, page titles and meta-descriptions
- Competitor analysis – what is the opposition up to?
- Building a website with user-friendly design and page navigation, especially on mobile devices
- Well organised, substantial, rich content that provides real value to your audience
- Top-quality web content writing
- Local SEO, including Google My Business listing, and Google+ brand account
- Performance metrics and reporting so you know what’s working, and especially, how this relates to sales.
The top-quality content we’ve created on your website can be increased in effectiveness many times over by sharing it with your audience in the places they like to hang out. We liken this to a content factory.
While we typically work at the “cliff face” of the action plan – the how, when, and where – this is ineffective without a strategy to guide the tactics (channels, campaigns, publishing calendars, etc). A digital strategy needs to be focused on achieving your business and brand goals, and this can mean taking time and thinking carefully about exactly what you want to achieve. We don’t recommend rushing into executing tactics without considering the options. The bottom line is to make sure that you’re meeting genuine customer needs, and solving legitimate business challenges.
We’ll find the right formula for your business – for example, a combination of blogging and content marketing has proven to be highly successful for our clients, combined with an effective website. We can manage your content factory for you, or provide you with training and ongoing support so you can largely take care of this yourself.
Here’s what US boutique meat company Nebraska Bison said about this winning approach:
… we have doubled our total traffic through content marketing and our blog. We’ve created and posted a number of recipes on our website which are curated and promoted through our blog and on social media … We have a number of blog posts that now rank very high for our keywords. Our traffic and sales have increased greatly in 2014 after a heavy focus in 2013 on these recipes and content marketing.
“By focusing our content strategy on questions people have about our product (i.e. ‘How do I cook it?’ ‘What are the benefits?’) we show up on the first page for keywords we struggled to reach before and build trust in our customers and potential customers.”
SEO and website copy work on the go
- Content plan, navigation, SEO and content for the new website of commercial and residential window tinting experts Glasshield. We’re working with the owner of the company and the Australian developer to get the job done.
- UX/SEO, digital marketing, brand development, and web content writing work for Wellington printing company City Print Communications.
- Site architecture revision, targeted SEO for selected solution pages, and web hosting for the website of home cleaning and gardening experts An Extra Pair of Hands, working with the company’s owner and the new host, ThreePoint.
- Creating SEO website content, including keyword research, for the new website of Ninox Construction, a client of Monsoon Creative.
See more of the work we’ve done.