WHY DO YOU NEED HIGH-QUALITY WEB CONTENT?
Web content writing is a specialised technical writing skill. To be effective, it must be combined with a technical understanding of how websites and search engines function. Pretty words on their own are a waste of your time and money if no one can find your products and services on the internet or figure out how to use your website.
Your content flies the flag of your brand
The web content you own (page copy, blog articles, images, video, and audio) is a valuable business asset that represents your brand on the internet. Surely you wouldn’t want a situation where your customers can’t find your website, or when they eventually do stumble across it, the web content writing on display is full of mistakes, bad formatting, and irrelevant information? People quickly leave websites that present them with an unsatisfactory experience, then they tell others about it on public reviews, and social media.
People find information on the internet by researching extensively on Google, YouTube, Facebook, and other search engines. Websites that rank highly in search results for customer queries attract far more business than those that don’t. The most effective way to achieve consistently high, sustainable rankings in search results is through search engine optimisation (SEO).
Effective SEO is dependent on high-quality web content:
Search engines are much more focused on quality content, solving problems, and natural keyword usage with variations.”
– Rebecca Gill, Web Savvy Marketing
We write influential content and optimise websites
SEO is no longer just about finding keywords; it’s a multi-disciplinary effort to tune your website and its content so everything is focused on the user experience. “Good” SEO is a balance of many factors. There are no shortcuts – trickery is likely to attract penalties. It involves technical areas such as website design, architecture, and functionality. It includes a well-researched keyword strategy that also recognises buyer intent by providing answers to customer queries on each page.
The bottom line is to make sure that you’re meeting genuine customer needs, and solving legitimate business challenges.
Our tried and tested approach for effective SEO includes:
- Thorough understanding of the needs of the target audience, including the terms they use to search for answers to their problems
- Keyword research that identifies words, phrases, and topics for optimising content, page titles and meta-descriptions
- Competitor analysis – what is the opposition up to?
- Building a website with user-friendly design and page navigation, especially on mobile devices
- Well organised, substantial, rich content that provides real value to your audience
- Top-quality web content writing
- Local SEO, including Google My Business listing
- Performance metrics and reporting so you know what’s working, and especially, how this relates to sales.
Ranking in Google will come automatically if your website is of extremely high quality.”
While most of our SEO work is part of new website development, we do have a process for helping people with existing sites improve their rankings and site traffic by refreshing the SEO. We get a number of enquiries from owners who have had unsatisfactory experiences with web developers and even SEO consultants, which is distressing. Another word of warning (not trying to put you off or anything!) – when we assess an existing site to see what needs to be done, we do frequently uncover technical issues that also need to be fixed.
The top-quality content we’ve created on your website can be increased in effectiveness by sharing it with your audience when, where, and how they most require it. We liken this to a content factory. It’s aimed at increasing leads, as well as traffic. WordPress sites are great blogging platforms.
Content marketing, combined with an effective, optimised website and well-designed social media and email platforms, has proven to be highly successful for our clients. We can manage your content factory for you, or provide you with training and ongoing support so you can largely take care of this yourself.
Here’s what US boutique meat company Nebraska Bison said about this winning approach:
… we have doubled our total traffic through content marketing and our blog. We’ve created and posted a number of recipes on our website which are curated and promoted through our blog and on social media … We have a number of blog posts that now rank very high for our keywords. Our traffic and sales have increased greatly in 2014 after a heavy focus in 2013 on these recipes and content marketing.
“By focusing our content strategy on questions people have about our product (i.e. ‘How do I cook it?’ ‘What are the benefits?’) we show up on the first page for keywords we struggled to reach before and build trust in our customers and potential customers.”
A tip from us
Post an image, up to 300 words of text, and a page link to your website, on Google My Business’s post feature. These are displayed prominently in the right-hand side “knowledge panel” that appears when someone searches for your business name on Google. Ensure that Google can display your business information in a knowledge panel in the first place. This is achieved with good local search optimisation, and using structured markups (schema) on your website.
SEO, web copy & content factory work on the go
- Assisting web development company Monsoon Creative with SEO and web content writing for their client projects.
- We’re helping our client Palisade Compliance APAC with digital marketing, including blogging, and creating podcasts.
- Page navigation plan, and SEO content writing for a new website for an iconic local photography business, Hutt Cameras.
- UX/SEO, digital marketing, brand development, blogging, and web content writing work for Wellington printing company City Print Communications. Our work has resulted in a significant increase in both website traffic, and quote requests.
See more of the work we’ve successfully completed.